The Maiya Dilbone Podcast

    On the Maiya Dilbone Podcast this week I interviewed Grace Allison. Grace is the founder of Judy’s Baked Goods which she named after her grandma who taught her how to bake. I met Grace back in April, so I have had a little bit of time to get to know her, but don’t know much about her business. More specifically, I have never asked her about the role social media plays in what she does. I enjoyed sitting down with Grace to learn a little more about her baking business and hope you can take something away from out discussion

    To get the podcast started I asked Grace two simple questions. The first question I asked her was, “What is your favorite baked good to make?” After she responded to that question I then asked, “What is your favorite baked good to eat?” At first Grace mentioned that she didn’t eat many of her baked goods, which is a little concerning if that baker doesn’t eat their creations. However, she then explained that when you have to do the work to make it, it takes the enjoyment out of eating it. I then asked Grace what social media platforms she was present on just to get a base for our conversation. Although she only has an Instagram account for Judy’s Baked Goods, she hopes to also get a Facebook and TikTok account in the future.

    Diving a little deeper into our discussion, I asked Grace how she utilizes social media to grow her business. I also asked what kind of posts get the most engagement and interestingly enough she explained that all her posts get a similar amount. Another question I asked was if she had sold any of her baked goods through social media. Finally, I asked Grace about her future goals for Judy’s Baked Goods and how social media would help her reach them.

    Using social media looks a little different for each brand. For Grace social media really helps her create brand awareness and procure orders. Utilizing social media is a great way to grow your brand and I hope this episode of The Maiya Dilbone Podcast inspired you to take the next step in pursuing your dream.

You can listen to the podcast using the link below.

https://www.podbean.com/ew/pb-jy28s-12b8ad0

Comments

  1. Hi Maiya! Grace sounds like a very nice lady and very educated in the world of business. I think it is awesome that she can fulfill her passion for baking. I hope to do the same someday! I really enjoyed listening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post and would love to meet Grace! I love baking and love business so this is very interesting to me. I hope to love what I do as much as she does one day! this is such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts