Figuring out Mimic Social

It’s hard to believe we are already on round 10 of the Mimic Social Simulation. The simulation walks you through different aspects of social media advertising. The four different phases are organic social media posts, paid social media posts, influencer marketing and finally putting it all together. Each phase has different rounds within it and you are tasked with a different goal for each round. Now that I am on to round 10 where all the previous phases are combined, I am going to reflect on what I learn and offer some tips.

The first tip I have is to utilize the buyer personas Buhi Bag has created. There are seven unique buyer personas and ironically enough there are seven days in the week. Meaning, you should create a post that targets each buyer persona one day a week. I started out creating as many posts as I could and simply hoped for the best. However, especially for the paid advertising, using the buyer personas really boosts your rating and offers guidance on what you should post.

The next thing I learned is don’t try to rush through the simulation. Within the simulation you have the option to post on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest and YouTube. Most of which require you to post several times on each platform for each round. Needless to say, that can be very time consuming. It made me appreciate the option to duplicate a post. By duplicating a post, you can reuse a picture and caption on different social media platforms with just a click of a button. However, it is important to remember that different platforms serve different purposes and reach different audiences, so it is not always one size fits all.

Lastly, I learned that bigger and more expensive is not always better. During the influencer rounds I experimented with the different types of influencers. I found that the times I spent less money on micro-influencers, I received more conversions than when I used most of the budget on a macro-influencer. This is once again a great reminder that social media is an experiment, and it is important to find what works best for your company. 


Comments

  1. I had to learn fast not to rush through the simulation. The more time you spend the better work you do and the more money you make. I really enjoy this simulation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This simulation is helpful to practice social media advertisement but it is really hard work for me. However, as you said, we can learn how to use wisely as the times. I didn’t realize that expensive ones are not always better but I could do thanks to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is definitely a learning curve to the simulation. Once you figure it out it is really helpful to learn how to advertise for a company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to learn how to talk to the influencers. If you ask my opinion they were to greedy. They wanted more money then they were with. In the end I was the one was hurt from not doing business with them. I will figure out how to dominate the sim.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts